Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Reflections and Resolutions.....

or... 'what collagegypsy did next'...

happy sparkly new year to all my dear readers!


i hope you all had a wonderful christmas break with family and friends.

although christmas is a lovely time of year dear reader, i must confess i do rather like to get back to normal and into a routine.

  i find the week between christmas and new year a bit of a 'no man's land.'  i never quite know what do with myself...


i've munched my way through a tin of quality street while taking up permanent residency on the sofa watching the usual christmas tv cheese-fest;  everybody starts to get a little cranky from too many late nights and heavy meals;  the christmas tree starts to look a little worse for wear (like me!), and as the new year beckons i start to look inwards and reflect on the past year.


on the 16th of this month, it's a year since my dog Max passed on into doggie heaven.  i miss him terribly and take comfort from the fact that he was nearly 17 (119 in dog years!)which is nothing short of a miracle for a springer spaniel and he had a fantastic life, pampered and loved by all the family especially in his twilight years.


  i like to think that he is looking down and wagging his tail when he sees me with Monty my 'newish' dog - he was 3 (21 dog years) on Boxing Day.  obviously Max will always have a special place in my heart, but Monty is my best friend and is always there for me when i'm having an off day.  although Monty is his official name he has lots of nicknames including Mr Snugglesworth, Pookie, Snookie and Snoop-dog.  don't ask me why - he just has.  he's the most pampered pooch ever and he loves it!

what with one thing and another 2011 was a pretty tough year but the highlight for me was having the courage and confidence to start my little business.  it's something i've wanted to do for a very long time.  quite often the first step is the hardest and with that in mind i have a few new year resolutions that i'm hoping to stick to...

  •  as well as keeping in check our financial bank balance (gulp!) i'm going to look after my 'spiritual bank.'  happy days; optimism; smiles; inspiring friends; crafting; wearing bright colours; recyling properly; turning 42 gracefully; daily walks with monty; baking; - these are all examples of deposits.
  •  
  •  the 'black dog'; stress; negative people; wasting money on crap you don't need; being taken for granted; - these are examples of withdrawals.
i'm hopeful that i will be able to keep my money and my spiritual bank in the black.


i'm confident that 2012 will be my year for upcyling, recycling, crafting every day, living a vintage life and hopefully living a simpler life where i will have time to stop and smell the roses and i hope you can join me.

wishing you a prosperous and healthy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment