Tuesday, 1 November 2011

who lives in a house like this?

'Through the keyhole - who lives in a house like this?'


recently dear reader i've been attempting to redecorate our home. with the changing of the clocks my nesting instincts have come racing to the fore and now i want to re-arrange furniture and rooms so that it feels more cosy for winter.


the trouble is, as usual with many a great idea it sounds so simple when i say what i want to do, but actually doing it and fitting it in with everything else i've got going on is proving a feat in itself.


just this morning i have painted the second coat of paint in the spare room.  i'm trying to make some storage space for the 400 cups & saucers and mugs that i've ordered.  if you remember dear reader, a couple of blogs ago i showed you my own designed china.  i placed my order but now the logistics of the whole venture has just dawned on me.  they come in boxes of 6, so how on earth am i going to be able to store 66 boxes while i'm waiting to sell them?



as well as decorating i am making christmas cards, decorations, cushions and lots of other items to supply the shops that stock my work.  i don't know if i'm coming or going!



what is proving the most difficult in regards to decorating is the fact that i am a bit of a collector and hoarder as you can see from my photos taken around our home.


every time i want to re-do a room it takes me ages just to empty it!



i've always loved collecting things that make me happy or are inspirational to my work.  from the kitsch to the unusual, if i like it i find a home for it somehow, even if it is a bit of a squeeze!



and i'm not even going to mention the fabrics i collect to use in my work!




i feel i must also confess to being a collecter of china and ornaments.  thank goodness winter is on the horizon because i have got a serious car-boot problem!


the trouble is i find the most wonderful things there - much to my poor hubby's dismay!


my excuse when he complains about another 'fantabulous find' i bring home is that at least it keeps me out of mischief.


i also remind him that it is really important to me that the house reflects who and what i am at the present time - i'm always changing the way i look so it seems logical to me that i also change the house around.  i'm at home a lot working in my studio so i need inspirational surroundings.


anybody who knows me will tell you that i dress how i live and craft. i wear colourful layers everyday and i use collaged layers in my work.


so i think it's safe to answer the question 'who lives in a house like this?' as it could only possibly be my very understanding family and me!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment